Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tinted Lip Balms, the hype

What is it with people going crazy of tinted lip balms? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a tinted balm just as much as the next girl.. but.. really? I wouldn't say that the balms out on the market are THAT hydrating compared to a regular lip balm. The most hydrating is probably Burts Bees brand. I suppose their downfall is not coming in pretty packaging like the Revlon lip butters.

I am not saying that they are bad, in fact, they are quite nice. I don't know if they are worth getting your panties in a bunch if they are sold out. I am honestly surprised they are still selling like hot cakes. I have the ones that I want, and I don't really intend on buying more. Maybe to replace cupcake when I run out, but that is only because that color is just so darn cute. Or is is strawberry short cake? I can't really remember right now.


These are three of the few I have. I have two others. For the most part I am happy with all of them.  I feel I lucked out in a sense that I guessed the pigmentation these were going to have. I would take other pictures of my other tinted lip balms, however it is getting late and I don't like the camera quality on my phone (which is what I am using right now). I have one of the Hello Kitty Sephora tinted lip Balms, a sample Tarte one and a Burt's Bees in Tiger Lily... which has no color pay off for my lips!

My original goal was to swatch them on myself so you could see, but I got a shiner right under my nose... so I am just not feeling up to it. I am starting spring break this week. My goal is a post a day. We will see.

What about you? Do you like the Lip Butters? Do you like tinted moisturizer? Or do you just use balm then apply lipstick?

No comments:

Post a Comment