Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Naked2: The Spike to my Buffy

Smeagol had his ring, the squirrel from Ice Age had his acorn, Buffy had Angel... I have my Naked Palette. A tried and true palette that I use pretty much every day. I have a backup for my dwindling first palette because I was unsure of it's permanency and in a frenzied panic I bought it again when they re-released it! Can't let that beautiful palette get away from my collection.. you know how it is.

Extreme nerdiness is about to ensue.. so if you are of the non-nerd kind please try to keep up! If I were Buffy, the Naked Palette is my Angel. Something I didn't know of before it came into my life but I cannot picture my life (fine, maybe just my makeup routine) without it. It is near and dear and I like to molest it daily (it never turned evil on me though). And though for Buffy, Angel had to leave to ensue a not as good television show, my Naked palette isn't going ANYWHERE. Fast forward a couple craptastic love affairs for Buffster, Spike comes along. He is a bit rough around the edges and not Angel by any means.. but in his own way he is good and amazing, a worthy companion. He is worth fighting for and he was also fun to molest. This is what the new Naked2 Palette is for me.

Now onto an easier to follow over all review.

I do REALLY like the packaging for this palette. I feel that maybe they heard that us makeup chicks liked to throw the first naked palette into our bags and that they may or may not have gotten a beating from being jumbled around all day. I do not know which one I like more, as the first one seems sleeker and more subdued.. the Naked2 palette is not any bigger, it is pretty much the same size as the first but it seems bulkier to me (probably because it is in a metal tin). The other thing I like about this palette is that it came with a mini GLOSS as opposed to a UD Primer Potion. I am filled to my ears with Travel Primer Potions, so the gloss is a very nice deviance from the norm. The color is alright... it is a bit too terracotta colored for my liking on it's own but I can pair it with a lighter lipstick which is the wonderful thing about glosses!


We open up the palette to reveal twelve neutral colors. None of which (that I have seen or swatched) have any chunky glitter like the last palette which may come as a relief to some people. I personally never really minded the glitter in Sidecar, I kind of liked it for a glamorous neutral. The Naked2 palette consists of only 3 mattes (which is a let down to a few) and 9 beautiful shimmery/satiny shades and a few of those have a metallic base. Five of these colors are new colors (Bootycall, Tease, Snakebite, Pistol & Busted) and the rest are repromoted shadows. I think the important thing to remember is that though many of these are repromoted and may not seem like the most UNIQUE shadows, they are all together in one package and you can create many looks with one palette that you can wear for every day OR spice it up for a night on the town. It is versatile and the shadows are an amazing quality, the kind that only Urban Decay can deliver! This palette also comes with a dual ended brush which I will mostly use when I take this palette to go, or throw it into my naked 1 palette if that is the poison I pick for the day.


I did swatch the colors in the order they are in the palette. I wanted to show you how it looks over two different primers. The top half is swatched over Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden and the bottom half is swatched over Urban Decay Primer Potion in Greed. I do not know if you will be able to tell the difference in the lighter shades but you can definitely see that Greed let's a little bit of it's golden tone shine through on the darker colors. I also swatched the Naked lip gloss so you could see the color payoff it has.


I would say overall I do enjoy this palette, I would give it 4/5 stars. I will use it to it's fullest potential and enjoy every swipe of glorious shadow it has to offer... however the original Naked palette will always have my six!

No comments:

Post a Comment